Client: Byrne Group
Role: Specialist Sub-contractor
- Concrete Repairs
- £100m internal and external redevelopment
- Extensive work to overhaul facade of building
- £300,000 of specialist concrete repairs and resin Injection works to basement levels
- Delta cavity membrane system applied to walls and ﬂoors
Sea Containers House located towards the eastern end of London’s South Bank was originally conceived as a luxury hotel, but because of Its location in the heart of London’s business district it was decided instead to complete it instead as ofﬁce space. The name of the building comes from the former long-term tenant, Sea Containers.
More recently Byrne Group began an extensive £100m internal and external redevelopment and refurbishment of Sea Containers House to bring at least part of the building back to its original intended use. The east and west wings which face the Thames will remain ofﬁces, while the south wing will be renovated as a 358-room Mondrian Hotel, with new café-restaurant and retail units at ground ﬂoor level. The redevelopment includes extensive work to overhaul the facade of the building, which will retain its characteristic golden globes and signage.
As part of this refurbishment, Cemplas Waterprooﬁng and Concrete Repairs Ltd were called upon to carry out in excess of £300,000 of specialist concrete repairs and resin Injection works to basement levels B1 and B2 where there were leaks through cracks in the concrete. Having completed the remedial repairs, Cemplas installed a Delta cavity membrane system to the walls and ﬂoors.
The approach at Cemplas is to be ‘one practice with many front doors’, thus ensuring our clients receive consistently high quality work, delivery and service from all our operating divisions.
Highly trained staff provide a full service from the initial survey through to installation with a guarantee, and the company’s independence means it is free to choose the best products for the job. On this particular project the works undertaken by Cemplas included the following manufacturer’s system components.
Upon completion of all Cemplas works a joint inspection with the client was undertaken and the works were signed off to their complete satisfaction with Cemplas providing a 10-year guarantee.
- Sealboss 1510: Leak Sealing
- Polysil TG 500: Siliﬁcation treatment
- Fosroc Renderoc HB: Concrete Repair Mortar
- Fosroc Nitobond HAR/AR: Concrete Repair, Bonding Primer
- Fosroc Nitoprime Zincrich: Steel Reinforcing Protector
- Fosroc Nitokit Surface Sealant: Leak Sealing
- Fosroc CM210: Waterproof slurry
- Delta MS 500/20: Cavity membrane system
- Delta NB1: Waterproof slurry