Client: Balfour Beatty Construction
Role: Specialist Sub-contractor
- 75mm Sand Cement Screed
- 3,000m2 of screed works on top of under ﬂoor heating system to central Agora, the main hub of the School
- Additional screeds to landings, walkways and reception area
Oasis Academy Enﬁeld is part of a family of Oasis Academies across England. The Vision of Oasis Academies is to create both outstanding schools and community hubs, and the aim is to provide access for both the students and the community to facilities such as adult learning programmes, ﬁtness suites, sports courts and out-of-hours youth activities.
Cemplas Waterprooﬁng and Concrete Repairs Ltd were contracted by the Main contractor Balfour Beatty Construction to carry out in excess of 3,000m2 of screed works on top of the under ﬂoor heating system to the central Agora which is the main hub of the School. In addition Cemplas installed screeds to the landings, walkways and reception area.
The work undertaken by Cemplas was to lay a 75mm Sand Cement screed. Cemplas chose to use Ronacrete’s 8 Day overlay screed to ensure early curing. Ronacrete’s 8-Day overlay was pumped with a Putzmeister Screed Pump allowing the operative to place spots of screed at strategic locations allowing the screeders to set the correct height relative to the datum using laser levels.
Once the screed had cured, Cemplas then applied Ronacrete’s epoxy primer followed by two full coats of Ronaﬂoor Epoxy SL coating. Cemplas invests in a well-equipped and trained workforce and this is one reason why it holds
‘Investors In People’ Accreditation. Cemplas provide complete solutions from the initial survey through to the effective installation of systems that are worthy of long-term guarantees, which can be insurance-backed if required. Whilst refurbishment and renovation remains a ﬁrm backbone for the company’s operational prowess, we have over the years developed into a company carrying out works of all types across a far more varied sector base.
Other specialist ﬂooring operations undertaken by Cemplas include:
- Traditional screeds (Sand Cement);
- Fast drying and specialist accelerated screeds;
- Polymer modiﬁed screeds (SBR);
- Floor levelling compounds;
- Granolithic screeds;
- Bonded, unbonded and ﬂoating screeds;
- Free-ﬂowing self-levelling screeds;
- Anhydrite free-ﬂowing self-levelling and self-compacting screeds;
- Screed strengthening for weak and porous screeds;
- Chemically resistant Screeds.